In this article, we are going to explain how to set up a D-Link 2750u Wi-Fi router with mobile hotspots. This article is especially useful for those who use a lot of mobile networks in their homes or offices. You will be reading about DLink Wireless Router setup in depth.
Before starting the setup process, there is one thing that you should remember. You should not expect this hotspot to perform as good as a wired connection. The reason behind this is, smartphones are not designed to handle a lot of traffic, and they are not networking devices.
What is a mobile hotspot?
A Mobile hotspot is a network which is used to establish a connection between a small number of devices. The network created by mobile hotspots is a very small scale network. It can handle very few devices at a time. It can not offer grid bandwidth to all the users. The speed of this network depends on the mobile network carrier’s connectivity.
The reason why this network is used is that it can create a network with nothing but a smartphone. You can create a mobile hotspot with any Android/iOS device. This is a great option for backup in case your internet service provider is not able to connect you to the internet. This is often used as a primary network when the requirement is temporary, and the speed constraints are not present.
Before you start the process of connecting the D-Link 2750u Wi-Fi router, you should properly set up your router. After following the steps of configuring the D-Link 1750u Wi-Fi router, if you still face problems with your network, then you should check out Why Does My Dlink Wi-Fi Router Keep Disconnecting From The Internet?
Reasons why you should connect a D-Link 2750u router to the mobile hotspots
If you connect a D-Link 2750u Wi-Fi router with your mobile hotspot, you can extend its capabilities in numerous ways. Connecting a D-Link 2750u Wi-Fi router with mobile hotspot can increase not only the network capabilities of the mobile hotspot but also the router itself. This way, you can connect more number of devices than earlier. Also, your bandwidth can increase by a significant amount.
How to configure D-Link 1750u with a mobile hotspot?
There are two methods by which you can get this done. Both methods are explained in this section of the article. The first method works only with specific routers which support this protocol by default. The second method is more generic and can be used for a lot of different routers. Here is the first method:
- First of all, you have to turn on the mobile hotspot feature from your smartphone. You can find this feature in the settings menu of your device. The location of this menu can vary depending on which device you are using. You can create a mobile hotspot on all low end to high-end devices coming from all the different manufacturers.
- Next up, you have to connect your D-Link 2750u Wi-Fi router to a PC/laptop via an ethernet cable. This step is necessary to access the localhost IP address of the D-Link 2750u Wi-Fi router. The local IP is https://192.168.0.1 for D-Link 2750u Wi-Fi router. Using this IP address, you can change the settings of the D-Link 2750u Wi-Fi router. If you have already set up your D-Link 2750u Wi-Fi router, you will be asked to enter the ID and password of the admin panel.
- In the settings tab of the admin control panel, you can set up the D-Link 2750u Wi-Fi router to connect to the mobile hotspot. You have to enter the SSID and password of your mobile hotspot network to connect your D-Link 2750u Wi-Fi router to it. Once done, you will be connected to the network.
There is one more way in which you can tap into your mobile network and access it via your D-Link 2750u Wi-Fi router. Here are the steps that you have to go through to set up your D-Link 2750u Wi-Fi router to connect to a mobile hotspot by the second method:
- Connect your smartphone to a computer via a USB port.
- Next up, go to settings and turn on wired tethering. You will find this option in the network and connectivity section of your settings menu.
- Then you will have to check if you are able to use the internet on your PC/Laptop which is connected to your smartphone. Perform a speedtest and make sure you are getting decent speed.
- Now you can connect your D-Link 2750u Wi-Fi router to the same computer and use it to access the internet connection available to create a Wi-Fi network.
- You can now connect any wireless device to the newly created Wi-Fi network that accesses the internet from the mobile hotspot.
The D-Link 2750u WiFi router will now be able to access the network created by your smartphone with the mobile hotspot. This lets you extend the capabilities of your mobile hotspot beyond your imaginations. You can connect a lot more devices to this network now. If you face problems with the network created by D-Link 2750u Wi-Fi router from the mobile hotspot, you should try troubleshooting yourself.