In this article, we are going to discuss how to set up the D-Link DI-624 WiFi Router with your PC or laptop. There are a lot of important things that we’re going to discuss in this article. But first, let’s have a look at some of the best features of the D-Link DI-624 WiFi Router.
1. Pricing: The D-Link DI-624 WiFi Router is priced perfectly. It is among one of the best budget segment networking equipment that you can buy from the market.
2. Performance: D–Link DI-624 WiFi Router performs exceptionally well in day-to-day tasks like browsing the internet, playing video games, streaming movies and a lot more.
3. Simplicity: It is effortless to set up a D-Link DI-624 WiFi Router. Anyone with little experience with networking equipment can set up the D-Link DI-624 WiFi Router easily.
4. Versatility: The D-Link DI-624 WiFi Router can be used for a variety of purposes. It can be used as a home Wi-Fi router, a business WiFi router or even a gaming Wi-Fi router.
Now that we have completed our discussion about the features of the D-Link DI-624 WiFi Router let’s now move on to the actual setup process.
Setup of the D-Link DI-624 WiFi Router
The entire set up process is divided into some subheadings to help you better understand the setup process.
Collect the peripherals of D-Link DI-624 WiFi Router
Before starting the setup process, you need to check for the following things. There are the things that are already included with the Box.
1. D-Link DI-624 WiFi Router
2. Power adapter for the D-Link DI-624 WiFi Router
3. Ethernet cable
Once you have collected all the things that are mentioned in the above list, you’re going to proceed to the next step in which we’re going to start the actual setup process.
In this step,
Get the devices connected
After assembling all the devices together, you have to get them connected. Connect the D-Link DI-624 WiFi Router to your PC or laptop through which you’re going to complete the setup process. You will need an ethernet cable to make this connection.
You have to connect the power cable to the D-Link DI-624 WiFi Router next. Once you have connected everything together, you will have to turn them on. You can combine multiple computers or laptops via ethernet cables to the D-Link DI-624 WiFi Router. To make sure that you don’t face any issues with the internet later, connect internet cable to your computer and see if the internet is working.
If yes, you can continue the setup process. Otherwise, try to solve this problem first and get yourself connected to the internet.
Software setup from the admin panel of D-Link DI-624 WiFi Router
Open the control panel from the PC or laptop through as you’re going to connect the D-Link DI-624 WiFi Router to the internet. Open the software administrator control panel of the D-Link DI-624 WiFi Router which has the DLink Wifi Router Setup Wizard.
You can access the admin control panel of D-Link DI-624 WiFi Router from the following link: 192.168.1.1. This is also known as the Local Host IP address of the D-Link DI-624 WiFi Router. Fire up the configuration wizard which will help you set up your D-Link DI-624 WiFi Router for use. Using this configuration wizard, you will be able to set different parameters of your D-Link DI-624 WiFi Router.
You will have to know some of the settings before firing of the wizard. There are a lot of options that will let you connect you to your internet service provider. The most common way to do so is by PPPoE connection. This setting depends a lot on what exact internet service provider that you are using.
So before setting up any setting, just make sure you know what you are doing. You can find a lot of guides on the internet explaining exactly how to set up your D-Link DI-624 WiFi Router’s configuration file. Since the process is really complicated, it is beyond the scope of this article. If you need help with anything else, check out: TP Link Wireless setup.
Testing and Troubleshooting the D-Link DI-624 WiFi Router network
Once you have completed the setup process of your D-Link DI-624 WiFi Router, you have to see if you are connected to the Internet or not. Open any speed testing website like speedtest.net or fast.com and see if you’re getting the internet speed that you paid for.
There are a few common problems that users commonly face while setting up the D-Link DI-624 WiFi Router. Here is a list of some frequent issues faced:
1. Internet not connected: Even after following the setup process completely, if you are not connected to the internet already, you have to check with your internet service provider and see if you have an Internet connection active.
2. WiFi problems: If the devices that you have connected to the Wi-Fi network of D-Link DI-624 WiFi Router are getting disconnected repeatedly, then you will have to bring them closer.
3. Other issues: If you are facing even more severe issues, you can contact the customer care of D-Link, and your problems will be solved in no time.
That was all that you needed to do in order to set up the D-Link DI-624 WiFi Router.