dlinkrouter local info log in
Dlink Router Local
The Dlink is one of the most popular brands which offers a wide variety of routers, be it for your business or home. dlink is not limited in a particular area; it is providing networking hardware outside of India also as it is a global provider. The best thing that I love about this brand is it not only offers you innovative designs but high-quality products also. It is an old brand but provides you up to date products from routers to extenders. dlinks routers come with the latest technology and have all the essential features. As technology is improving day by day, dlink is also developing its products. With the new Guest network feature, you can easily create a guest network for new users( This makes your system more secure). Dlink provides its users with the latest technology router which you can easily configure at home. It will help you to enjoy ultra-fast speed. Nowadays, most of us are using Wifi connections, so if you are looking for a router to increase your speed, you can choose a dlink router. Configuring your dlink router with a modem for the first time is natural. You don’t have to worry about it; you don’t need any specialized tech knowledge to set your dlink router with an exciting modem. You just have to follow all the below-given steps carefully.
How to Setup dlink router with your Exciting Modem?
- First, Unplug all the connections of your modem and router.
- After that connect one eternal cable from any LAN ports of the router to Modem.
- Connect the Modem to the WAN port.
- Then Power ON your router and Modem.
- Now you have to search for http://local on your computer( This will take you to the setup page).
- In case, If your browser doesn’t take to the setup page you can search http://dlinkrouter.local or you can search for your default IP address.
- After reaching the setup page you have to click on Next to continue.
- After that, Your router will automatically scan the Type of internet connection (In case if it doesn’t automatically scan it will display some options).
- You have to select DHCP Option.
- Now, You will be asked to give your network name and provide a password as it will secure your network after that click next and make sure that you remember your password.
- After that, you will be asked to provide a password for the Homepage login then “Click Next.”
- After that, click on Save Settings.
- Hurray! You have configured your dlink router with your exciting modem.
How to recover your password ?
In case, if you forget the password you can follow the following steps.
- First, You have to type the IP address of your router in any search engine.
- You will get a login screen you have to select Admin Option from the drop-down menu.
- After that, You have to click on “setup”.
- You will see a new Wireless settings tab on the left side; You have to select the “Manual Wireless Connection setup option”.
- As you will scroll down you will see a “Pre-Shared Key” option You have to click on it.
- And in the last step, you have to type your new password.
- Your problem is solved.
Connect to your hardware:
- Unplug your modem and switch OFF. ( In case if you are not able to unplug modem make sure that you unplug the cable from the back of your modem).
- In this step, you’ll need two eternal cables which generally comes with your modem( One cable is needed to connect your modem to router and the other one will be used to connect your modem to computer).
- After that, Connect your modem to the WAN port of your dlink router(Make sure that you don’t plug in your router).
- Now, You will see that your LAN ports will get connected successfully. (Your ethernet port is usually located at the back).
- After that Turn ON your Modem. (Wait for 30-50 seconds as the modem will boot up).
- Switch On your dlink router (You have to plug in the dlink router it usually takes 25 seconds to boot up).
- If your computer is turned Off make sure that you turn it On.
- Now you will see a green light in your router.
- Hurray! you’re done( You have connected your hardware successfully to router).
How you can create a wireless network?
- Firstly, you log in to your router( then you have to type your default IP address in any search engine then you will be taken to a new page; there you have to enter your username and password and you will be login to your router).
- After that, You have to setup wizard( When you will click on setup wizard option you will see a drop-down menu; You have to choose “wireless setting” option)
- You will be taken to a new page that will allow you to set up a wireless network.
- After all these you have to click on the “Enable settings” option.
- Then, You have to choose a name for your network( This name will be visible to everyone).
- After that, you have to choose “WPA2” as your security mode. ( It is the most secure mode while other modes can be cracked in 25 minutes).
- After that, You have to create a strong password ( Don’t use any easy password to choose a hard one which you can remember; It is one of the important steps).
- Then you have to save your settings ( When you will click on save setting option your all settings will be saved and be patient this process may take 20 to 30 seconds; After your settings are saved you can create a wireless network).
- The last step is to connect your devices Once you are done with all the steps you can connect your devices; For connecting devices, you just have to click on the name that you have chosen and then enter your password after that your device will be connected).
- Congratulations, You have created your wireless network successfully.
Q.1 How to know that your firmware is outdated?
Ans.1 Your wizard will automatically give you information about your firmware.
Q.2 Can I recover my password?
Ans,2 Yes, of course, you can recover your password.
Q.3 Can I restrict any inappropriate content on my network?
Ans3. Yes, you can block any websites which are inappropriate by using parental control option.
Q.4 How can I find my default login details?
Ans.3 You can easily find your login details on dlink support Website, You just have to enter your product model in the search bar.